PS5 April update brings USB drive and new social features.
Sony has announced details about the first major update for the PS5, expected tomorrow, which will bring USB support, among other things. It includes new features and improvements to the console and user interface. The new update brings new changes to the PS5, PS4 and PlayStation app across a variety of mechanisms, including storage and social.
One of the PS5’s key new features with the new update is that players can save PS5 games to compatible external USB drives. This allows gamers to transfer games they haven’t played in a while to an external USB drive while installing and playing a new game on the PS5 console. However, players can only save PS5 games to a USB drive and cannot play PS5 games from a USB drive. To play the game again, you need to restore it to the PS5 console’s internal memory.
In addition to USB support, the new update also brings major social changes for players, including the intergenerational sharing game. With this feature, PS4 and PS5 gamers can now share their gameplay while chatting at parties. With this new feature, PS5 players can show their PS4 friends the game screen and even try out PS5 games on the PS4 console via Share Play and vice versa. This will also work in co-op games, where PS4 and PS5 players can play together.
There are also many changes and improvements in the new patch, which are detailed in the official blog post. We have listed the notes for the next update below:
PS5 memory expansion and management
- Save PS5 games to compatible external USB storage devices. This feature allows you to transfer your PS5 games from the console’s internal memory to a USB storage device. This is a great way to expand the storage capacity of your PS5 console, and when you’re ready to play, you can easily copy your PS5 games to the console’s internal storage. It’s faster to reinstall PS5 games from an extended USB drive than to reboot or copy them from a disk.
- Because PS5 games take advantage of the console’s fast SSD, PS5 games cannot be played from a USB storage device with expanded memory. PS5 titles cannot be downloaded directly onto an extended USB drive either. However, games that you transfer or copy to the internal memory will be updated automatically if necessary. Additionally, for some games that support this option, you can choose which game modes (such as Campaign or Multiplayer) you want to set.
New social features for PS4 and PS5
- Intergenerational sharing game. PS4 and PS5 gamers can now play together while having fun at parties. This means PS5 console users can show their friends on PS4 consoles their game screen or even try out PS5 games via Share Play and vice versa. Options include the ability to share the screen with a friend, virtually transfer a controller to a friend, or virtually transfer a second controller to play together.
- Request to participate in a game session. The PS5 and PS4 consoles now offer the ability to have shared gaming sessions with friends. The Request to Join option also serves as a shortcut for sending a game invitation, reducing the time it takes to join games with friends. In the Privacy Settings menu, you can change who can communicate with you through parties, games, and messages.
Improved control and customisation options for PS5 consoles
- Improved game base. The game’s basic menu has been improved for faster access to important content and features. Now you can easily switch between games and friends to interact with existing games or see what your friends are doing online. You can also turn notifications on or off for each party you attend.
- Turn off the game chat or adjust the player volume. You can now quickly disable in-game chat, which turns off the other player’s microphone and voice output. You can also easily adjust the individual volume of voice conversations of other players in the same chat room, so you don’t have to keep asking your friends to turn the microphone volume down or up.
- Preloading game update. Once enabled by the developers, game title updates will be pre-loaded on your console when the auto update setting is enabled and your console is on or in standby. This way you can play the latest version of the game as soon as the update is available.
- Set up the game library. With the ability to browse or hide games, it’s now easier to find content and customize the look of your game library.
- Enlarge the screen. You can now adjust the screen magnification to your preference from the Settings menu.
- New trophy settings and statistics screen. The trophy level that automatically captures a screenshot or video clip is now customizable – you can now choose to capture and save images/video clips only if you earn higher level trophies, such as Gold or Platinum. We are also introducing a new trophy status screen for players, where you can see an overview of your level and trophy status at a glance.
New PlayStation application features
- We’re also introducing some new features to the PlayStation App that will make it easier to connect to your console remotely. We recently introduced the ability to save products to your wishlist, receive notifications when your friends are online, and change your console’s online status. We’ll be releasing more apps in the coming weeks, including the ability to participate in a PS5 multiplayer session from within the app, manage PS5 console storage, compare trophy collections with friends, and sort and filter products from PlayStation Store. The PlayStation app can be downloaded for free from Google Play and the App Store.
All of this will be announced along with the next major PS5 update. More features and improvements will be available with the next updates for the PS5.
frequently asked questions
What’s the new PS5 update?
The April PS5 update brings a number of improvements to the PlayStation user interface, including changes to the game base that make it easier to communicate with friends and manage parties. You can also disable game chat or adjust the player volume faster, and customize your game library to find or hide games.
Can we get extra storage for the PS5?
You can download PS4 games and add-ons from PlayStation™Store directly to the expansion storage system and move games from the PlayStation®4 storage system to the expansion storage system. You can play PS4 games directly from the extended drive, giving you more space on the PS5 system drive for PS5 games.
How can I increase the storage capacity of my PS5?
Expanding a hard drive 5
ps5 software updateps5 controller updateps5 update patch notesps5 april update release dateps5 update timeps5 storage upgrade,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,ps5 software update,ps5 controller update,ps5 update patch notes,ps5 april update release date,ps5 update time,ps5 storage upgrade,ps5 update release date,playstation 5